The WVU Statler College hires engineering students to run the 2024 summer camp programs.
Counselor Summer Schedule
Counselor summer schedule will be available in February 2024
Each week, the Engineering Challenge Camps are staffed by at least 4 counselors during the day.
We are looking for counselors who can work all five weeks of camp, and can work all levels (high school, middle school and elementary school).
Day Camp Counselor Responsibilities (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.) - The main duty of all of our counselors is act as an educational role model to our campers. Counselors are in charge of helping campers with educational activities planned throughout the day, creating enthusiasm among campers and keeping an upbeat, positive attitude throughout. Counselors will also assist in curriculum development prior to camp. (Hours can vary slightly throughout the week.) Housing will not be provided for counselors.
- Counselors must have a current driver's license.
- Counselors must complete Rule 1.7 training (Youth on Campus Training) prior to the start of camp.
- Counselors must complete a CPR and first aid training. (Fees will be covered by camp.)
- Counselors are responsible for their own housing.
- Counselors must be a current student (graduate or undergraduate) within the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources.
Applications will be available in February 2024.
For questions, please contact Julie Gruber at Julie.Gruber@mail.wvu.edu or call (304)-293-0399.