Girls’ STEM Day is a free event for students in grades K-5 to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math. The participants will be separated into age groups (K-1, 2-3, 4-5) and engage in four different engineering activities throughout the day. The theme for the event is "Tools for your Future" where we will answer the question "What's in your toolbox?"
Breakfast (assorted pastries) and lunch (pizza) will be provided for all participants.
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM (check-in starts at 8:30 AM)
Location: WVU Engineering Sciences Building (395 Evansdale Drive, Morgantown, WV)
Meet the Girls' STEM Week Committee and learn why they chose to pursue an engineering education
- All volunteers must review and complete a training about WVU's policy regarding children on campus in WVU program BOG Governance Rule 1.7 – Rule on Child Protection(Previously BOG Policy 49)
- Title IX Training is required for all volunteers.
- Background checks are required for all volunteers.
- To request a link for training please use this sheet to request module activation.
- Please email your certificate of completion to the Office of Outreach and Recruitment.
- A list of Statler faculty, staff, and students who have a Rule 1.7 completion certificate on file with the Office of Outreach and Recruitment
If you have any questions about Girls' STEM Week, please text or email Kayna Anderson (304-771-9771/ firstname.lastname@example.org) or Taylor Brown (304-619-6264/ email@example.com) with any further questions..